Setting up the Ingenico Lane 3000/5000/7000 Terminals.
NOTE: If you have a firewall, ensure that Port 9001 is open to allow traffic on your firewall. Otherwise this device will NOT communicate correctly.
For full Network communication settings see: https://fullsteam.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030462632-triPOS-network-connectivity-information
Step 1: Connect the PinPad Cable to the back of your Lane 3000/5000 Device.
Step 2: With the same pinpad cable connect the ethernet portion into your router/switch and then connect the included power supply into the Pinpad cable (Next to the ethernet cable) and plug the power supply into an available wall outlet.
The terminal should boot to an Activation code if the terminal is able to connect to the network properly
TIP: A wireless extender is suggested if unable to plug directly into the router due to distance. Included below is a link to how the extender works on our Mx915/Mx925 terminals.
****The following screen normally comes up during boot up if the terminal is not able to connect to the network, if you see this screen please double check the connection to the network and the firewall settings.****
Another useful method to determine the if the terminal is able to connect would be to have the client use the 0-0-0-1 or 2-6-3-4 codes once the terminal is on the tripos screen.
- If the terminal does nothing, this would mean the terminal is connected.
- If The terminal goes into a Menu, this means the terminal is not connected as the menus should lock up
Activating terminal through MerchantTrack
1. Navigate and login to MerchantTrack: https://merchanttrack.fullsteampay.net
2. Click on "Terminals" and then click “Activate Terminal”
3. Enter the Activation Code as displayed on the terminal device, followed by a description to help identify your terminal, then use the drop-down to select your merchant, Finally click "Activate"
4. Wait as your device will begin downloading a few items for a couple of minutes to complete device configuration and eventually go to the TriPOS screen, at this point your device is ready to accept payments.
NOTE: If the terminal boots directly to the TriPOS screen, please ensure the appropriate ports are open within the firewall and also ensure the Ethernet cable is securely connected to the router/switch.
- If the terminals originally work with contactless but the Merchant is stating that the terminal is no longer showing "Tap, Insert or swipe", try removing the terminal from merchant track and re-activating. this has been reported to resolve the issue.