Steps to perform a Diagnostic test on The Verifone MX(915/925)
Table of Contents
- Once the terminal is fully Booted up press and release the 1, 5 and 9 key all at the same time.
- If done correctly the following menu should come up, ensure that Supervisor is selected and input the following password: 166832 or 166831
- Once the password is entered, it should bring you to the next screen (All options should be visible on the Mx925 terminal, A blue arrow will need to be used on the Mx915 to scroll through the options.)
- Tap on the Diagnostics tab at the top of the screen which will change the options available, from those options a diagnostic test can be ran on a few different features
Performs a diagnostic procedure on the terminal display. When the diagnostic image is shown on the terminal screen, note the image colors and consistency. The image should appear solid and show no motion. Press ENTER to go to the next diagnostic step.
Location for touch and signature diagnostic procedures.
If the clients touch screen does not appear to be accurate / functioning.
We can attempt to recalibrate the screen which should resolve these issues
- (Unless the touch screen is defective)
On this Menu You will have the option for "GO" Remove any debris from the terminal screen such as sticker, paper etc. from the terminal screen and either tap the enter key or Go, the terminal will then recalibrate the touch screen.
This tests the touch screen. X, Y coordinates are displayed. Press ENTER to stop the test.
Touch the screen with your finger. The diagnostic will allow signing with either a stylus or a finger. If both a finger and a stylus are on the touch panel, the system will prioritize the stylus input.
KEYPAD: Press each key and the keypress will be displayed on the screen.
Swipe a magnetic-stripe card in the mag card reader to determine if data can be read on all three tracks. Swipe a sample card once to determine if all three tracks can read the card. All tracks should display GOOD to pass the test. Swipe the card at least ten times. To pass the diagnostic test, the unit must show GOOD results in nine out of ten swipes. All three LEDs must light up in sequence.
- Track 1 & 2 - Should display good
- Track 3 - May display Error - however the magreader is working
Determines the state of the smart card reader. If a card is present when the test is run, the first few bytes of the ATR is displayed. For manufacturing test purposes only.
- Customer - should reflect PASS (make sure that the card is inserted into the device then select card>Smartcard reader to get a valid response)
- If PASS does not reflect this is likely a bad card reader and the terminal will need to be replaced.
Determines the state of the contactless module. Tapping a card will beep the beeper, light the LEDs (if present) and display the first few bytes of data.
Ethernet would be the only useful option in this subcategory, It Sends a ping to the network gateway over Ethernet. Also allows a unique IP address to be pinged.