Technicolor/Cisco Model DPC3941B Wireless Gateway (Modem/Router combo) NOT compatible with this device,unless changes made (sends device into Network loop, a blue screen that flashes code C98 0248 over and over.
One solution is to get a Network Extender and connect through that or another Solution is to call Comcast/Xfinity to come put in a completely different new Gateway if possible or setup a traditional modem/router that is NOT that model.
To get the device out of the current Network loop, need to get the device far away from the access point (Gateway), then try to reboot or power on/off. Possibly attempt to use the device at home to ensure the device works.
The only other work-around is to put the Gateway (Model DPC3941B) into pass-through mode and manage your Firewall with another solution (NEED a Network/IT professional to do this for you).
Begin charging the device (Ingenico recommends charging minimum of 3-4 hours before first use)
Power on the device, top right side button.
Please note on newer models of iSMP4 it is best to use the Long Method mentioned.
From lane closed screen, you may just need to Configure a Wi-Fi profile if you have not done so already.
Advanced WiFi profile configuration if needed: (Long Method)
Boot (Right side near top press power button) OR Reboot device (Reboot = Press and hold the # key and yellow key simultaneously until chirp)
As the splash screen from above displays press 2634 + Enter (Green Key) - (Splash screen is your Retail Base/RBA version/copyright screen/versions)
The device will display Press F for Menu, Press the F (Function button)
Press 0 – Telium Manager
Press 3 – Initialization
Press 2 – Hardware
Press 5 – Wi-Fi
Press 2 – Scan network - double-check, above those options that it says "Wi-Fi (ON)"
Once scanning is complete, Select the desired network (use keys, F2 (down)/F3(up) to navigate and then hit Enter (Green key). (Select ‘OTHER’ if needing to manually enter Hidden Network, on the next screen enter that hidden network name and press green button when done.)
For Hidden Network Manual Entry ONLY, otherwise select your Network Name and Go to the Next screen regarding Security.
Select Home Security (unless using very specific Network encryption)
Enter the correct WiFi Password using the keypad (The keypad uses multi-tap entry) and navigation F1/F2/F3/F4 keys as needed: <INPUT PASSWORD>
For Priority, Enter the number 20 using the key pad and then hit Enter (green key) to go beyond the Priority Screen.
The device will display "New Profile Ok" and will return the WiFi Menu (successfully configured WiFi at this point, assuming the password is correct)
Next, Power Off Device (if NOT currently charging), then Power On Device or Reboot (The device is powered OFF by holding the power button on the upper right side of the device for a few seconds. The device is powered ON by holding the power button on the upper right side of the device for a few seconds, can reboot device by pressing # key and Yellow Key simultaneously for 4 seconds).
Configure a Wi-Fi profile (short way, this way doesn’t like % or $ symbols in password for some reason). Use the long method (found above if you have those in your password.)
1. Press the "F" key 4 times, fairly quickly in a row.
2. Press F4 - Access Points (far right button on PinPad)
3. Press F1 - New (far left button on PinPad)
4. The device will begin Scanning for Wi-Fi connections...
5. Select the correct Wi-Fi name by moving the cursor F2(down)/F3(up) and press enter (green button).
6. Keep Security options (green button)
7. Enter Wi-Fi password by pushing the Number/Letter PinPad buttons until it has the correct password, then Enter (green button).
8. Wait for a three minutes or so for any additional configuration that the device may be doing and eventually should show an Activation Code on the screen of the PinPad.
(If no Activation Code has been shown after a few minutes, reboot device by Simultaneously press the yellow key and # key. Turn device back on with side button, top right side as needed.
To remove a network:
> The keypad uses multi-tap entry, for example, pressing the 2 key repeatedly will go through the number 2 and the letters a, b and c in both lower and upper case. To enter a symbol, press the # key. To erase something typed, press the yellow key.
> When needing to go back a previous screen, Press red key to go back.
> To delete a Wi-Fi profile: press green key on highlighted Wi-Fi connection, press delete on next screen.
>If the device is plugged in, it will turn on automatically.
>If a client calls in stating they are stuck on a blue screen with a smiley face, this issue can be resolved with a power cycle
- Unplug the terminal if connected to the wall and remove the battery.
- Press and hold the power button down for about 30 seconds.
- (with the terminal unplugged and battery removed)
- (The Power button is the smaller button on the top of the right side of the terminal)
- Re-insert the battery and power the device back on, the terminal should now boot into the TriPOS screen
Contactless not working:
- If a client calls in stating their Ismp4 contactless is not responding/working
- Remove the terminal within merchant track (This will take the terminal offline)
- Once a new activation code populates on the terminals screen re-Activate the terminal in Merchant track
- Client may need to speak with software company to re-register the terminal in the software
- Once that is complete the terminal should now accept contactless payments.
Article is closed for comments.