Most common issue:
Firewall on router blocking communication over port 9001.
If you plug-in the device and it goes straight to the TriPOS screen instead of activation code screen, it is likely that the Router has a Firewall that is not allowing the device to communicate over Port 9001.
One way to verify this would be to plug the iPP320/iPP350 device directly into the modem to bypass the router, if you get an activation code, then you can conclude that this is most likely a Firewall issue on the Router. (Sometimes this is more difficult if the merchant has a modem/router gateway combo.)
Other General Tips:
Yellow Key + # Key Simultaneously for 4 or so seconds.
Ensure Port 9001 is open.
Check and Fix Date:
1) Power on Device
2) On RBA Version/Copyright Screen - Press: 2, 6, 3, 4, Enter (And then F)
3) 0 – Telium Manager
4) 3 – Initialization
5) 1 – Parameters
6) Date and Time
7) Set date
8) Update the date to today…
9) Press the red “X” to return to the prompt “Press F for menu”. Then reboot the device using the key combination: Yellow Key + # Key Simultaneously for 4 or so seconds.
- Reboot the device by unplugging the power cord for a few seconds, or hold down Yellow Key + # Key Simultaneously for 4 or so seconds.
- Wait about 10-15 seconds for the Copyright screen to appear.
- Press the F2 key rapidly and repeatedly to scroll down. The scroll will pause, then continue- keep pressing F2 repeatedly. Look for the word “Host:” and note what follows. You only have a few seconds on this screen; it’s helpful to capture the results using your cell phone camera.
- A properly-configured Cloud device will read “Host: Ethernet: Client: DHCP: device.tripos.vantiv.com:9001”. (DHCP might vary if someone configured the device for static IP address)
Trouble Activating the device in MerchantTrack:
Make sure the Activation Code Starts with 'P' instead of 'C' - If C, Get a new device. 'C' is used for Test devices only.
In very rare cases, if activation code was originally provided and then get a red error in MerchantTrack but the device itself goes to the TriPOS screen, but then cannot view the device in MerchantTrack, Use triPOS Lane Management API: https://tripos.vantiv.com/cloudapi/swagger/ui/index#/ or may have to contact development team to have them look into the logs with the processor and have them remove device, provide the development team the serial number from the device and all the names the merchant goes by (Legal/DBA/Identifier), once development has confirmed removal from the processor, then have merchant try again or activate for them in MerchantTrack when they get prompted for an activation code.