This Article will provide known errors seen on this device with tips on how to resolve the issues.
Table of Contents
This Lane is Closed
This error means that the terminal is not connecting to the network or receiving the 5 MBPS.
Steps to take when this occurs.
- Speed test – Go to google and enter “speed test.” When this populates select “run speed test”
- The upload and download speeds should reflect higher than 5 megabytes per second minimum.
- Check network connection –
- Once you see the "retail base" at the top of the screen, enter 2634+Enter (Green Key)
- Press the F button and then select in order.
- Select 0 for Telium Manager
- Select 3 for Initialization
- Select 2 for Hardware
- Select 5 for Wi-fi.
- Select 3 for Advanced Options
- Select 2 for My Network
- Check to see that your network is displayed.
- If there are multiple networks reflected – remove all and we will add the required network back.
- Hit yellow key to get back to the Wi-Fi settings to go to step 3
For Detailed instructions on removing the network please see Ingenico iSMP4 - Remove/Forget Network
- Add the network back in
- Select 2 – scan network.
- F2/F3 to scroll to the network that you wish to select.
- Hit the green button.
- Select “home security.”
- Enter your password – Important: This is case sensitive, and you want to make sure that all numbers/letters/characters are entered slowly and accurately.
- Enter “20” and hit green key to enter priority.
- The device should display “new profile ok” this will mean that the Wi-Fi has been added successfully.
- Press the # + yellow key to reboot the terminal.
- If the device is plugged in it will reboot
- If the device is unplugged it will shut down and will need to be powered back on with the button located at the top, on the right side of the terminal.
For detailed steps and photos on adding a network please see the Setup & Installation Guide
- Check that the password is being entered correctly, as it is case sensitive and, if not entered correctly, will not connect to the network.
- Let the terminal boot all the way through.
- We should see “TriPOS”
If “This Lane Closed” appears again the following two items may be impacting the terminal.
- Unable to connect to network due to network connectivity speeds.
- Unable to connect due to incorrect password.
If all else fails, we will verify that the communication settings are correct. – please see Confirm Terminal Communication Settings for device settings
Blue screen with a smiley face ( :-) )
This is an issue that will come up from time to time – this should be a rare occurrence.
Unplug the terminal from the power supply/charging cable and remove the battery from the device.
While no power is available to the device we will press and hold the power button on the terminal for 30 seconds.
After the recommended 30 seconds is up – reinsert the battery and power the device back on using the same power button allowing the terminal to fully boot.
The terminal should boot to the main screen as expected.
“Alert Irruption” -- Frowning face ( :-( )
This error CANNOT be resolved by troubleshooting – this means the devices tamper proof protection has been activated.
- This can be caused by detected attempted tampering or the terminal has suffered from a heavy impact (Such as being dropped or thrown)
In this instance the terminal will need to be replaced
Contactless Not Working
If a client calls in stating their Ismp4 contactless is not responding/working:
- Remove the terminal within merchant track (This will take the terminal offline)
- Once a new activation code populates on the terminals screen re-Activate the terminal in Merchant track.
- Additionally: The client may need to speak with software company to re-register the terminal in the software.
- Once that is complete the terminal should now accept contactless payments.